(Deemed University – Established in 1921)
Faculty of Education
of Trustees / Management of the Vidyapeeth will be the competent authority to give
admissions through Entrance Test (TMV-ET) to the B. Ed.(English Medium) course
that conducted by the Vidyapeeth.
2. Any Graduate candidate of recognised University is eligible to appear for the TMV-ET
3. The candidates belonging to general, other backward and special backward categories, who have secured 45% marks and those belonging to backward categories having secured 40 % marks in the degree examination from the disciplines of Arts, Science, Commerce, Home Science or Agriculture, Computer, Information Technology & Engineering of the Statutory Universities, Agriculture Universities, Open Universities or Deemed Universities will be eligible for appearing TMV-ET and for seeking admission to B.Ed. (English Medium) course.
4. The above pre-requisite condition regarding the minimum percentage of marks will not be applicable to those candidates already engaged as a teacher and working on fulltime basis for a continuous period of two years. But their applications will be considered on the basis of merit and score secured in the TMV-ET. Service shown for Exemption should be Certified by Concerned Education Officer.
5. The candidates having the university degree mark-sheet showing grades instead of marks, must enclose along with the admission form, attested certificate of the university concerned showing marks equivalent to the obtained grades. The University which has shown Code Number instead of Subject, in such cases Subject Code No. list should be enclosed.
6. Merit will be decided considering the percentage of marks secured by the candidate in the third year examination of the degree course. In case of those universities where semester examination system is in practice, average of the marks obtained in the two semesters of the third year will be taken in order to decide the merit.
candidate is required to state/ select one subject as the first teaching method
in the application form. It is necessary that the candidate has studied this
subject either at principal, subsidiary or optional level, during the degree course.
The candidate must have studied in all six papers of the subject selected for
teaching method, during first, second and third year together. The candidate is
required to select such a subject as teaching method, which is taught at school
Similarly a candidate being a degree-holder of Amravati or Nagpur University and candidate of other non-agricultural University in Maharashtra who has given three/ five papers of a subject as allied one, as per the rules of the University concerned, may select that subject as the teaching method.
8. In case of the graduates from Commerce, Social Sciences, Agricultural Science, Computer, IT and Engineering the candidate should mention his/ her discipline in application form instead of method.
9. Out of total 100 seats, 20 seats are reserved as a Management Quota.
10. All the seats including that of Management Quota will be filled only through TMV-ET and the merit thereby.
11. As per the Government norms, 50% of the seats are for reserved category students.
12. The merit lists will be prepared for each subject according to the availability of the seats as per category and subject.
1. If the candidate submits a certificate regarding his/ her participation in
any one or more activities from the following a, b and c then Five marks will be added to the total marks secured in the final degree examination ; and percentage of these marks will be calculated.
a) College / University level certificate for endorsing that the candidate has worked actually for at least 120 & 200 hours in the N.C.C. and Adult Education program respectively during the tenure of the degree course.
b) Certificate of passing the B/C grade N.C.C. examination.
c) Certificate showing the participation of the candidate in sports, elocution, and dramas and / or other cultural programs at inter collegiate, university level, inter-university level, State level or National level competitions.
2. The candidates who have passed the following examinations will get additional five percent of marks according to the class obtained as shown below –
a) A post-graduate degree examination of any discipline.
b) Diploma in Education / B. P. Ed. / A diploma or a degree related to “Teacher Education” awarded by the Government or University.
Class obtained Additional percentage of Marks
I Class - 5 %
II Class - 4 %
III Class - 3 %
· Additional percentage of marks will not be given to the candidates who have passed a certificate level examination.
· A candidate qualifying for more than one Post-Graduate degree examination will be eligible to get the benefit of additional percentage of marks only once.
3. Additional two percent of marks will be given only if a certificate, stating relation with the candidate and that the candidate is entitled to avail concession in case of
a) Son / daughter /husband / wife of a freedom fighter.
b) Candidate from a project / earthquake affected family.
c) Destitute women / divorcee women / widows.
In order to get the benefit of any one of the above categories the candidate is required to submit a certificate of the competent authority.
Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth’s Entrance Test (TMV-ET)
The TMV-ET will focus on English Language, Mental Ability, Teacher Attitude, Teacher Aptitude and General Knowledge. This TMV-ET will be of one and half hour duration and of 100 marks.
Fee for TMV-ET is -Rs.500/-. Last date of submission of TMV-ET form is 19th April 06. TMV-ET on 23rd April 06 at 10:30 am in vidyapeeth
Ranking in the merit list and grievance redressal –
For a candidate who has appeared for TMV-ET, his / her order of merit in the aggregate merit list will be decided as follows –
A) 50% of the sum of the marks obtained at the Graduation level and also the additional marks obtained if any.
B) 50% Marks obtained by the candidate in the TMV-ET
Methodology of teaching English
Methodology of teaching Marathi
Methodology of teaching Hindi
Methodology of teaching Sanskrit
Methodology of teaching Science
Methodology of teaching Mathematics
Computer / Information Technology / Engineering
(History 6%, Geography 6%, Other 3% -
Social Sciences Excluding History / Geography)
(a) As the course is on NO GRANT BASIS, each candidate seeking admission will have to pay entire fee.
(c) After taking the admission if the student cancels his/her admission within eight days, tuition fee will be refunded after deducting 10% fee, if admission is cancelled by the student during a period of 9-15 days, then 20% of the tuition fee will be refunded, if the admission is cancelled within a period of 16-45 days 50% of the tuition fee will be refunded and if the admission is cancelled after 45 days no tuition fee will be refunded; and the admission will be automatically stand cancelled.
(d) If the admitted candidate remains absent continuously for eight days without information, his/her admission will be automatically cancelled and no fee will be refunded.
(e) Taking into account the distribution /reservation of seats, if in case the seats remain vacant the Board of Trustees/Management reserve the right to fill such vacant seats from the candidates available as per the merit list.